Diabetes Explained, Briefly
Let's first look at the workings of insulin, and the internal organ involved, and how the interactions or lack of interactions that brings about this disease, and its complications.
What is Insulin?
Insulin is a type of hormone, more specifically peptide hormone.
Insulin is produced by the pancreas.
Insulin not only "transport" glucose into cells for energy production, it also delivers amino acids to muscles for muscles building and healing. It also "transport" excessive glucose to the liver for storage, to be used later, if and when needed.
2 Types of Diabetes
There are 2 types of diabetes:
- Type 1 - an inherited condition where the pancreas are not able to produce the insulin. However, researchers are saying that although it may be an inherited condition, this genetically linked disorder may still need a "trigger" to develop - such as cold weather or viral attack.
- Type 2 - where the insulin produced are not of a good grade (usually as the pancreas becomes unhealthy or less healthy), and/or where the insulin produced is still considered "normal" but the cells are not able to utilize the insulin to deliver the sugar into the cells. This is known as insulin resistance, and is typical of Type 2 diabetes.
So, How Does Type 2 Diabetes Happen?
- When the pancreas senses that there is glucose in the blood stream, it releases insulin.
- Insulin will deliver the glucose to the cells. Cells then use the glucose to make energy.
- IF the pancreas didn't or can't produce enough insulin, or if insulin delivers the glucose to the cells and the cells (for whatever reasons) do not take in this glucose, or if there just is too much sugar in the blood stream and the pancreas is unable to cope to produce enough insulin for that much glucose, the glucose will continue to circulate in the blood stream, and the pancreas will attempt to release even more insulin.
- And if the result is that all these unused glucose is left circulating in the blood, hence, the blood has high "blood sugar" level - test using blood. When this becomes the normal condition for an individual, the individual is then diabetic.
- Eventually, these excessive glucose will also pass through the urinary system, and the urine will contain high levels of glucose - test using urine.
Outside of the factors not discussed here, but if any of the above fails, leading to unused and excessive glucose in the blood stream consistently, will bring about the onset of diabetes:
- pancreas loses its sensitivity to track glucose, and hence, may not release enough or correct amount of insulin for the level of glucose in the blood. Pancreas may also over produce insulin, causing too much insulin in the blood.
- pancreas' production of insulin decreases.
- cells' insulin receptors weakens - and thus, insulin is unable to latch on to cell to deliver glucose into the cell.
The reduction of the efficiency of the pancreas and the cells is mainly driven by their degeneration, and in the case of the pancreas, trauma may also reduce its efficiency. These are true, even if in the case of "normal" sugar consumption, but due to the reduced efficiency of the pancreas and/or cells, then there will be excess glucose in the blood stream.
And this condition can be exacerbated by excessive consumption of sugar, and made even worst by the consumption of "bad" sugar, such as white sugar.
Complications from Diabetes
Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to following:
- damaged blood vessels, and if the damaged blood vessels can't heal, will lead to infection, and in extreme cases, amputation (of limps) may be required.
- causing heart problems
- damaged kidney
Naturally Plus Products Effects on Diabetes
Super Lutein and Mirtoplus (both the vegetarian and the non vegetarian versions) have antioxidants and nutrients that may help to:
- provide the pancreas and other cells with optimal health to prevent degenerative diseases.
- provide the pancreas and other cells with optimal health to prevent mutation of cells, that can lead to cancer.
- provide the pancreas and other cells with antioxidants and nutrients to heal if already diseased.
Izumio, with its hydrogen rich content, is the combatant antioxidant, may help to:
- tackle free radicals efficiently and
effectively. Free Radicals being the cause of degenerative diseases.
Paramylon ARX, may help in the following way :
- contains probiotics that may help with intestines and colon health to enable better absorption of nutrients.
- contains other nutrients to further nourish the cells to make cells healthy
Purificar, aids digestion and the promotes a healthy digestive tract, which in tunr promotes healthy cells, may help in the following way:
- contains fiber. Fiber rich diet is known to help regulate blood glucose.
- contains pre-biotics, to creating a healthy environment for pro-biotics to thrive, for healthy intestines and colon.
- contians enzymes for a healthy digestion and hence, better absorption of nutrients, for healthier cells.
- contains gum arabic to help move waste out of colon, for a healthier colon.
Stuff Naturally Plus, the industry and the law wants you to read ...
While there are wonderful stories and testimonies of many who have used Naturally Plus' products with healing or positive effects, these do not guarantee the same effects on you.
Do note that the information on this page and throughout this website are purely for informational and educational purposes only. You must not rely on these information, including but not limited to, for your health or beauty treatments, or any other treatments/cure/diagnosis/use. Nor shall these information be used as substitute, or additional information, to that given by your Health Care Provider. Please always seek the advise of you Health Care Provider, and/or any other specialist professionals.
For full disclaimer, please see our Disclaimer page.
Types of Diseases
Return to the Top - Diabetes Explained
Check out Naturally Plus' products today!!!
Go on, pamper yourself ... you deserve it!
Health and Food Supplements... Naturally of the Best Ingredients
Natural Skin Care, Body Care... for the Natural Beauty in You...
Please note the availability of products, can be different for each country or hub.
If the product you are looking for is not available in the salon of your country of residence or hub of your membership, please contact us.
with someone who could benefit from these products...Here's how..
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.